Day 5, Labor Day

Hi everyone, how did all those labor day family celebrations full of those foods that used to tempt you go?  (okay, maybe they still tempt you but that can change!).     I was home only long enough to fix a quick breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Here's what I ate.

Brekky:  a little bowl of frozen fruit, then went to a wonderful yoga class.  I didn't want to eat much before that.   had some blackberries afterwards.

Lunch:  2 gigantic ears of corn.  Our corn stand is going away so we got 2 ears instead of one.  I savored each bite.  It was yummy.  also had some sliced tomato and raw veggies--no time to make a salad so I just chopped of a hunk of cabbage (our local cabbage is that good right now!), some carrots, sugar snap peas, and kohlrabi.  I forgot to snap a picture at the beginning, but here it is nearly at the end.



Dinner:  salad made from cabbage, lettuce, spinach, cucumber, red bell pepper, patty pan squash, yummy small apple, seed mixture, a little orange juice.  Everything was local except the seed mixture and orange juice.  I was out of vinegar, hence the orange juice.  This salad would have been perfect with a fruit infused vinegar and some chopped walnuts.  I'm hoping to get both soon because we're now getting really good local apples and this salad will probably become a daily staple.   I also had 2 servings of my greens and beans.  

I haven't been eating enough nuts/seeds.  When I get some walnuts I'll remedy that.

Total calories 1498; protein 58 g (11%), fat 17 g (10%), carbs 316 g (79%), fiber 75g.