Day 26

Hi everyone!  I have a good internet connection tonight.  Still on vacation, still makin' my salads.   The grocery stores I've been to the last few days have not featured large produce sections.  The organic produce is pretty limp so I've been choosing conventional.  Today's lettuce was very good.  I chose organic carrots because they looked reasonably fresh but they are tasteless and I don't feel like eating them.   Apparently organic produce varies a lot in quality too.  Maybe I'll try some conventional carrots and see if they taste good.   Or just stick with the apples.  Most stores are stocking the fresh honeycrisp apples and they are very good.  Here's tomorrow's meals.



brekky:  oatmeal and apple and nuts and seeds mixture (walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds).   The oats and chopped apple are soaking in water overnight.  A few minutes in the microwave and then sitting for a while, will make it luscious.  As usual, I will eat in the car while companion drives.

lunch and dinner:  salad made from:  green lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, jicama, big honeycrisp apple, cilantro, lime, nuts & seed mixture, can of red kidney beans, 1/2 avocado.   Tonight I used my last jicama.  I will miss those.  I love them!

Total calories planned for tomorrow is only 1272; fat 27 g (18%); protein 54 g (14%); carbs 225 g (68%), fiber 70 g.   This is similar to the amount of calories I had today and I suspect it's not enough.  I would have had more today but I didn't like the carrots.  I'm just driving today and tomorrow so pretty sedentary.  If I get hungry I'll eat an apple.