My goals for the 6-week challenge

Here are my goals:
Eat health promoting food, not too much.  Don't eat disease-promoting food.

How to do this?  I like Dr. Fuhrman's 6 week plan, described in his book Eat to Live and this blog post. Another healthy plan is Dr. McDougall's Maximum Weight loss plan, described in his book, and in this newsletter.  Both of these can be modified if more calories are needed by adding additional grains, starchy vegetables, fruit, and nuts and seeds.

I misbehaved several times this summer, enough to say I'm not "walking the walk."  So I want to reset and I want to stick with this forever.  From my experimentation this summer I learned that I'm not missing much.  Sure, some things do taste really good (the most unhealthy things), but most of it is not as desirable to me as my healthy food.  As Laurie, a famous nutritarian from the Fuhrman forums, puts it, she likes to live in the universe of nutritarian eating.  She looks for all her food and treats and desserts in the nutritarian universe, and doesn't venture into the SAD (Standard American Diet) universe.   I've always liked this concept and would like to adopt it as mine.