We’re excited today to launch a new phase of the online tool that will help child care providers and other early learning professionals track their State Training and Registry System (STARS) trainings and professional development.
The Managed Education and Registry Information Tool (MERIT) is DEL’s online training database available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to trainers and early learning professionals. Also inside MERIT are available trainings, training and educational completion forms and other tools. This new database will help keep accurate records, as well as build a stronger statewide professional development system. Check it out at http://merit.del.wa.gov/.
- Search for upcoming training events without logging in.
- Look up a STARS ID if it has been forgotten or misplaced. Those who had a STARS ID before will continue to have the same ID in MERIT.
- Apply online for a STARS ID number for those who have never had a STARS ID.
- View and print full training history, including information from the old STARS database .
- Update online basic personal information.
- Begin an application to update education, certification/endorsement information and training profile.