Day 27

Hi all, not much new to report.   same old, same old.  Had an awesome mountain bike ride in Moab.  Hope to repeat tomorrow along with a nice hike in Arches.  fun!

Today I supplemented what I had planned to eat with an apple and peach, increasing my calories to 1455.  That made me feel much better--I was very hungry this morning and it makes it harder for me to sleep.  Clearly 1272 calories is not enough for me.  1400-1600 seems about right.  Tomorrow's meals are almost a repeat of today's.  The best fruit in the local store to me looks to be the honeycrisp apples so that's what I'm eating.   Surprisingly the store had jicama so I got to include that again in tomorrow's meals.  It's a gigantic one.  I think the bigger ones aren't as sweet.  But it's still good.  My broccoli went bad so I threw it out.  I tried some conventional carrots from the store and didn't like them.  So I haven't got a good carrot since California.  Whole Foods may be expensive but their produce really does taste better.  I wonder if most people in the US have never tasted a good carrot.  They don't know what they are missing.  Okay, after that blathering here are tomorrow's meals.

brekky:  oatmeal with apple and raisins and nuts and seeds.  mmmm, can't wait.

lunch and dinner:  salad with romaine, spring greens, cabbage, cauliflower, jicama, lime juice, cilantro, apple, nuts and seeds, chickpeas.

snack/emergency food for mountain bike ride:  small handful of raisins.  I almost never feel a need to eat during exercise, but since I'm in the desert riding alone I may as well be a little cautious and bring a little food.  Water seems to me to be way more important and I will bring a lot of that.  But the food could give me a boost if I'm feeling tired on the way back.

yikes, time flies, time for bed.   let me know how things are going for you.  oh, here's tomorrow's food summary [edited later to reflect the extra sugar snap peas I had after dinner, and I had forgotten to add in the romaine]:

total calories 1585, fat 26 g (14%), protein 58 g (12%), carbs 305 g (74%), fiber 84 g