"cake", berries, & "cream"



















Ingredients for 2 servings:
2 essene buds or 2 slices of manna bread (optional)
1/2 cup cashews
1 ripe banana or 2-4 dates
1/4 cup soy, almond or hemp milk
1/4 cup water
2 cups berries or cherries (can be fresh or frozen)

Blend the cashews, milk, and banana/dates to make the cream--add the water as needed, it varies depending on whether you used bananas and/or dates. My bananas weren't fully ripe so I used dates instead. It was too sweet for me (obviously I used too many!). I will try bananas next time. Place the essene buds or bread on 2 plates, heat up in the microwave, top with the cream and berries. The blackberries were fresh and yummy. I enjoyed this a lot. This was inspired by Essie's Christmas dessert, from the Fuhrman forums. She didn't include the "cake" part, I was just in the mood for it. I'll try it next time without